Job Title: Senior Oracle Enterprise Cloud Administrator
|Job Type:||Information Technology|
|Req’d Education:||4 Year Degree|
|Req’d Experience:||5 to greater than 15 years|
|Req’d Travel:||Not Specified|
The Senior Oracle Enterprise Cloud Administrator is a member of the Database team responsible for the care and maintenance of database solutions, including IT systems, applications, processes and infrastructure that serving the business needs. In accordance with the IT strategy, the team maintains current or near current levels of software, patches, features, and configurations for the IT systems. In addition, the team provides support as the IT systems are extended to users in new locations.
Strategy & Planning
- Partner with business, technical, and vendor contacts to discuss requirements for and review proposals for new IT solutions utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager. Participate in the selection process for new IT solutions.
- Review plugins and new features to be adopted within Enterprise Manager environment.
- Develop, validate, and improve continuity plan for Enterprise Manager environment.
- Assist in creating quarterly work plan of activities in support of customer/vendor goals and/or strategy. Assist in determining resource requirements needed to support the activities.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Integrate Enterprise Manager environment with internal and external Incident/Problem Management tools.
- Review project requests for monitoring and maintenance to estimate time and cost required to successfully accomplish a project.
- Participate, with responsibility for some major deliverables, in the transition of support for new IT solutions that have been implemented for customer.
- Establish standards and procedures for discovering, managing, and decommissioning agents and targets within the environment.
- Construct and maintain security model according to best practices and internal requirements.
- Manage monitoring templates, metrics, and thresholds for targets within the environment.
- Implement updates to the environment through the change management process.
- Facilitate quarterly review and tuning process for all aspects of the Enterprise Manager environment.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with representatives from the customer/vendor.
- Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
- Define, implement, and maintain service levels objectives, based on the metrics, for the Enterprise Manager systems and processes in use.
- Monitor key performance indicators and implement enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels.
- Participate in the planning and execution of maintenance processes, including patches, system configurations, and preventative maintenance activities, across the Enterprise Manager environments.
- Partner with Developers, System and Network administrators in a multinational environment to support and improve system performance and stability.
- Work with Oracle Support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
- Manages medium projects & change requests, using basic project management techniques. Documents and manages project scope. Documents project plan in terms of work breakdown structure, effort, and schedule. Creates, maintains, and executes project plan. Works with business team to resolve project issues. Assesses and mitigates project risk.
- Monitor the database environment to identify and recommend alternatives/enhancements.
- Consult with end users and developers to recommend the most appropriate database solution.
- Assist application development with database design considerations.
- Assist in the designs of data models.
- Assist in performance tuning, and monitoring of all system tiers.
- Maintains current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Minimal travel as required.
- Working outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years experience in working with Oracle database technologies.
- Strong knowledge of the Oracle Enterprise Manager product and associated plugins for monitoring and administration.
- Implement, configure, maintain support and administer OEM 12c.
- Create and implement role based security within OEM 12c
- Plan and apply OEM 12c patches as needed.
- Plan and upgrade OEM 12c to higher releases.
- Implement DR environment for OEM 12c.
- Install, deploy, configure and maintain OEM Agents.
- Understand OEM 12c plugins, management packs.
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues in a Linux environment
- Strong knowledge of the entire Oracle database and Oracle Applications environment and architecture.
- Strong technical expertise and functional exposure to Oracle eBusiness Suite (release 12 and 11i).
- At least 3 years developing documentation, white papers and presentations suitable for peers and immediate management.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Exposure to other RDBMS systems such as MySQL and SQL*Server.
- Understand and execute the IT processes of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in Oracle 10g/11g Administration, a plus.
- Certifications in Oracle 12c Enterprise Manager, a plus.
Yes – 10%I guess the only bit that could be a bit difficult at this stage might be this: Plan and upgrade OEM 12c to higher releases. 🙂