After what seems like eons since we first started on it, I’m excited to announce a new book I co-authored is finally out. The book is called “Building Database Clouds in Oracle 12c” and is available on Amazon. Of course, it really isn’t that long ago that we started writing the book, but there’s been a lot happening between then and now!
The book was co-authored with Tariq Farooq and Sridhar Avantsa. Tariq asked me to write the material on Enterprise Manager (chapters 4 – 8 in the book), which was done over a number of releases of EM12c. We deliberately left the material on the versions it was written on, because people are still on a variety of different releases, so you can see how it applies in the version you’re using.
From a content perspective, this is what the book covers:
- Chapter 1: Database as a Service Concepts – 360 Degrees
- Chapter 2: The Database Cloud Administrator – Duties and Roles
- Chapter 3: Cloud Computing with DBaaS – Benefits and Advantages
- Chapter 4: Schema Consolidation in Enterprise Manager 12c
- Chapter 5: Database Consolidation in Enterprise Manager 12c
- Chapter 6: Metering and Chargeback in Enterprise Manager 12c
- Chapter 7: Manage and Administer the Database Cloud in Enterprise Manager 12c
- Chapter 8: Cloning Databases in Enterprise Manager 12c
- Chapter 9: Virtualizing RAC 12c (DB Clouds) on Oracle VM – Grid Infrastructure
- Chapter 10: Virtualizing RAC 12c (DB Clouds) on Oracle VM VirtualBox – RAC Databases
Targeted for Oracle DBA’s, this expert’s handbook is intended to serve as a practical, technical, go-to reference for performing administration operations and tasks for building out, managing, monitoring, and administering DB Clouds. I hope you find it’s of use!