Enterprise Manager’s database lifecycle management solution automates the time-consuming tasks related to discovery, initial provisioning and cloning, patching, configuration management, ongoing change management, and compliance management.
- Agile Provisioning and Cloning of Databases – The DBLM Pack comes with out-of-box Deployment Procedures to provision, clone and patch the Oracle Database (Single Instance, CDB, PDB and RAC Databases) including the underlying infrastructure. Enterprise Manager also supports the entire lifecycle of pluggable databases in Oracle Database 12c including migration, plugging and unplugging.
- Patching and Upgrade Automation – The DBLM Pack supports the entire Patch Management Lifecycle including, patch advisories, pre-deployment analysis, rollout and reporting. It is integrated with My Oracle Support to provide a synchronized view of available and recommended patches.
- Configuration and Compliance Management – The DBLM Pack’s configuration and compliance management capabilities enable standardization enforcement through proactive drift monitoring and real-time compliance auditing against industry and internal best practices and benchmarks.
- Schema Change Management – The DBLM Pack provides complete automation for the schema deployment process by capturing the definitions of the application schema objects in the form of a gold definition called a dictionary baseline. When all development changes have been completed, DBAs can save these baselines and propagate the changes to any target database environment.
- Hybrid Cloud Management – EM13c provides a single pane of glass for monitoring and managing both on-premise and Oracle Cloud (public cloud) deployments, all from the same management console. Enterprise Manager delivers comprehensive capabilities to manage, migrate, test and deploy across hybrid cloud, providing for 100% reuse of existing IT operations management skills and practices.
While I’m at it, don’t forget there is a whole lot more to compliance in the WebLogic Server space. Let me state upfront that this is NOT my area of expertise (my knowledge has always been in the database space rather than WLS). However, if you want to know more about WLS compliance start out by looking at the self-running demos section of this page on OTN. If you have any more detailed queries after that, reach out to me and I can put you in contact with the Product Manager that owns this space.
If you want to locate the DBLM material on my site, then simply use “DBLM” as a search term in the “Search” field on the top right of any page. Here are some of the more popular posts I’ve written on DBLM, just in case you’re too lazy to search for them! 🙂
What’s Involved in a New STIG Release?
ORAchk / EXAchk questions
Engineered Systems Healthchecks Plug-in (ORAchk)
Enterprise Manager STIG Compliance Standards for Oracle Database 11gR2
EM12c Compliance ‘Required Data Available’ flag – Understanding and Troubleshooting